Effective Date: November 2, 2022
Please read this Policy carefully. If you have any questions about how we collect, use, or share your Personal Information, please contact us by email at https://www.forwhen.com/contact/general.
1. CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION AND OTHER DATA WE COLLECT
We may collect your Personal Information to provide our Services, conduct our business operations, and improve our Platform. When we refer to "Personal Information" in this Policy, we mean information that can be used to identify a natural person, except for information that is publicly available through government records or information that has been de-identified or aggregated in a way that it cannot be used to identify a specific individual.
We may collect the following categories of Personal Information about you when you access or use the Platform:
Other Information that We Collect
We may collect certain information about the device you use when you interact with our Platform ("Usage Data"), which allows us to learn more about how you access, use or interact with our Platform, and to make certain features available to you. We also use Usage Data to helps us improve our Platform. Usage Data is not Personal Information. However, if we link Usage Data directly with other Personal Information or other information that could be used to identify you, we will treat the linked Usage Data as Personal Information and use the linked Usage Data as described in this Policy.
Depending on how you access, interact with, or use our Platform, the Usage Data that we may collect may include:
- Device information, such as the IP address (which we treat as Personal Information), general geographic location, operating system, browser type, language preferences, mobile phone number, device identifier and other similar information associated with a device used to access, use, or interact with our Platform;
- Information about online interactions with our Platform, such as links that are clicked, pages or screens that are viewed, access and session times, interactions with emails we send and other similar information associated with a device used to access, use, or interact with our Platform;
- Information about internet and network activity, such as websites visited, search engine results and similar information associated with a device that accesses, interacts with, or uses our Platform;
- Other information automatically collected by cookies and other technologies on our Platform; and
- Any other information that a browser or device automatically sends whenever connected to a website or an online application.
2. HOW WE COLLECT YOU'RE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect Personal Information in the following ways.
Directly from You
When you access and use our Platform, such as to sign up for our waitlist, we may ask you to provide certain Personal Information to honor your request.
Automatically When You Use Our Site
From Third Parties
We may collect Personal Information about you from third parties. We may collect Personal Information from these following categories of third parties:
- Service Providers. From third parties that provide services to us through or in connection with the performance of our Services or the operation of our Platform ("Service Providers"). Examples of Service Providers include data hosting providers, payment processors, and insurance companies.
- Users of Our Platform. From other users of our Platform, including without limitation, your employer, and those that refer you to our Platform.
- Other Sources. We may collect Personal Information from online and offline sources, social media platforms, advertising networks, and other public or commercial sources (collectively, "Third-Party Sources").
In Combination. We may combine the Personal Information we collect directly from you and from third parties.
3. HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use Personal Information for various business purposes, including:
For Operation Purposes
We may use the Personal Information for various business operations purposes, including but not limited to : (1) operating and improving our Platform and our business; (2) validating your identity; (3) processing, fulfilling and administering transactions on our Platform; (4) communicating with you, including providing you alerts and updates about your engagement with our Platform; (5) contacting you in response to a request we receive from you; (6) customizing your experience with our Platform; (7) administering surveys; (8) conducting statistical or demographic analysis; (9) carrying out our obligations and enforcing our rights arising from any contracts we have entered into, including, without limitation, any contracts between you and us; (10) protecting and defending us, our employees or out Users against legal actions or claims; (11) preventing fraud; (12) cooperating with law enforcement or other governmental agencies for purposes of investigations, national security, public safety or matters of public importance; (13) complying with legal and regulatory requirements; (14) those purposes in which you authorize or instruct us to use your Personal Information; and (15) other business purposes permitted under applicable law.
We may use your Personal Information to advertise and market our products and services to you.We may do this directly or with our third-party marketing partners ("Marketing Partners"). We use your Personal Information to send you newsletters, advertisements, or other promotional communications, via e-mail and other means, all subject to our compliance with applicable laws ("Marketing Purposes"). We may also link Personal Information (including your name, mobile phone number, and email address) with other information (including information we automatically collect as described in this Policy) and use such linked information for Marketing Purposes.
Please note, we may use and disclose aggregated, anonymized, or de-identified information collected in connection with our Platform and our Services that does not identify any individual ("Anonymized Data") for any lawful purposes, which may include, without limitation, purposes not described in this Policy. Except as otherwise required under applicable laws, our use and disclosure of such Anonymized Data is not subject to this Policy.
4. WHEN WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
To operate our Platform and provide our Services, we may share your Personal Information with certain third parties. We may share your Personal Information with:
- Our Service Providers who provide us services such as marketing, data hosting, data security, website services, payment processing, and fraud protection and prevention.
- Our Marketing Partners who facilitate the delivery of targeted ads, promotions, and offers to you, on our behalf, on and off our Platform.
- If you use our Platform through your employer, we may share certain Personal Information we collect through your use of the Platform with your employer.
- In the event of a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy or other sale of all or a portion of our assets, we may transfer or allow third parties to use information owned or controlled by us, including Personal Information. We reserve the right, in connection with these types of transactions, to transfer or assign your Personal Information and other information we, or third parties acting on our behalf, have collected to third parties or to authorize such third parties to use any such information. We may also share and transfer your Personal Information to a successor entity in the case of a bankruptcy or other related legal proceeding.
- Government and law enforcement officials or private parties where necessary to enforce our legal rights or the rights of others or to comply with applicable law. To the extent permitted under applicable law, we may disclose any Personal Information and other information to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we believe is necessary or appropriate to investigate, respond to and defend against legal claims, for legal process (including subpoenas), to protect our property and rights of those of a third party, to protect us against liability, for the safety of the public or any person, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, fraudulent, abusive or legally actionable activity, to protect the security and integrity of our Platform and any equipment used to make our Platform available or to comply with applicable laws.
- Any third party to whom you consent and/or instruct us to provide your Personal Information.
Other tracking technologies, such as web beacons, clear gifs, and pixel tags may be used on or in connection with our Platform, including, without limitation, in emails we send. We may use these technologies to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage, and observe data on email delivery, open rates, click rates, bounces, unsubscribes and other information.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
Any links to other websites, applications, or other third-party content on our Platform are not an endorsement, authorization, or representation of our affiliation with that third party and we are not responsible for the content, privacy, and security policies and practices of any third party. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements applicable to any third-party websites, applications, or content you access.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are committed to protecting the security of your Personal Information. We use commercially reasonable safeguards to maintain the security and privacy of Personal Information we collect and use in connection with our Platform. Nevertheless, when disclosing Personal Information, you should remain mindful that there is an inherent risk in the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms. Although we take precautions to protect against the risk of unauthorized access to your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information, including your Personal Information, that you disclose online, and you do so at your own risk.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We reserve the right to retain any Personal Information as long as it is needed to: (1) fulfill the purposes for which we collected the Personal Information; and (2) comply with applicable law.
We do not direct or target any piece of our Platform to children under the age of 18. If we learn that we have collected the Personal Information of anyone under the age of 18, we will take appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian of someone under the age of 18 and discover that your child has submitted Personal Information to us, please contact us at https://www.forwhen.com/contact/general. We will make reasonable efforts to remove such information from our databases.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, under California's Shine the Light Law (California Civil Code Section 1798.83) you have the right to request the following information regarding our disclosure of your personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes: (1) the categories of personal information we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year; (2) the names and addresses of the third parties that received the information; and (3) if the nature of the third party's business cannot be determined from their name, examples of the products or services they marketed. This information may be provided in a standardized form that is not specific to you.
You are permitted to obtain this information from us once a year, free of charge. To make such a request, please submit your request in writing to:
When Insurance Agency, Inc.
Attn: CA Shine the Light Request
39 Prall's Loop Rd.
Highwood, IL 60040
Please note, we have not yet developed a response to browser "Do Not Track" signals, and do not change any of our data collection practices when we receive such signals. We will continue to evaluate potential responses to "Do Not Track" signals in light of industry developments or legal changes.
CHANGES AND UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
We may update this Policy from time to time. Unless otherwise noted, those changes will be effective as soon as they are posted. If changes are made to this Policy, we will prominently display the fact that we have changed our Policy or communication with you that we have changed our Policy in other ways. Please check back periodically to see if our Policy has been updated.
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please email us at https://www.forwhen.com/contact/general with any questions or feedback you have pertaining to our privacy practices.